We may not have it all together, but together we have it all...

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Scott's 40th ... Birthday!!!






Well it was bound to happen one day, but we really didn't think it would come so soon. Yes my husband turned 40- this past May, although we feel much younger I guess were getting up there in age. luckly I'm 2years younger...


I suprised him and had his whole family come down from Salt Lake, just when Gas prices where hitting 4dollors a gallon... YIKES, anyway they all brought there 4-wheelers and off road vehicles as that is one of Scott's favorite past times, They arrived late Friday night and so in order to get Scott's 4 wheel equipment ready I told him that it would be fun for Kenzie and I to go 4 wheeling with him on Saturday, why don't we just plan on leaving after Kenzie gets up and has breakfast... He was so excited went and bought her a helmet and got all his 4wheelers ready... That Saturday to his surprise his whole family was at our door step at 8am ready to ride for the day...


He was shocked, so off we went and Kenzie seemed to be so excited to go until, yes you guessed it, she accidentally fell off the 4wheeler- I swear if this kid lives past her parents it will be a miracle. Scott and I were changing rides and she fell during the change, luckly she had her helmet on and a blanket around her so it must have cusioned the fall, no bruises or broken bones, just a big scare for all of us, it then took 1 hour for us to get her back on and go for a 2-minute ride. Oh so worth it though ( I'm all about getting back on the horse if you fall off).


Later that night we got together with a group of friends and family for a BBQ... I think he will always remeber this birthday. I Loved seeing him Smile.

4 comments:

Danette said...

What a great and fun surprise!! My 40 is just around the corner...where does the time go!? Fun trip with the fam and I agree - just get back on the horse when you fall off. Good for you guys!!

heidi said...

40!!! like the cake says what an "old fart". just kidding, hope you had a great birthday

Brittany said...

Those pictures are so cute! She you guys seem like you have so much fun! Happy Birthday, Scott!

♥ et said...

Happy Birthday Scott! What an awesome wife planning such a great day for him. Looks like you guys had fun. Kenzi looks like she overall had a great time, on the swings too!