We may not have it all together, but together we have it all...

Friday, May 16, 2008

Can we just say Worst Mom Award...





Well I decided yesturday to take Kenzie to the little kid river park by the library, so (1st mistake) of many... Don't go alone if you have kids under 2... so we got there, I was really excited as I thought she would love the water, which she did, however, because (I'm blonde or just a new mom)which ever fits, I thought oh I'll have time to take off my shoes when I get there as I wore Tenny shoes, (2nd mistake...) Oh no she was off and going, so here I went, now getting my shoes and lower pants wet... Can we say Duh!!! anyway, it was fun to watch her in the water, she noticed her shadow and it was so cute. So that was the hightlight, I was by myself and she was on one end while my bag was on the other- the nervouse person I am, I keep bringing her back to were my bag was as I didn't want it to get stolen, only to have her scream out loud at the top of her lungs while I was moving her, once I would set her down, oh she was just fine went right back to were she was. Oh the drama... So I finally thought I'll just move her to the big fountian, as there was no little kids there and I thought she'll like that, Oh yes she scream the whole way there ( who knows what all the other moms and dads were thinking) Do I care- not really... (3rd mistake)The reason why there are no little kids at the big fountain... is because it is so slippery, so yes she fell twice, Hello Mom... anyway, I had to stand by her and by this time were both soaking wet. Well after about what seemed like 15 minutes but was more like 5 minutes, I had, had enough so I picked her up to put her towel on and go, and yes you guessed it screamed all the way to the car and all the way home. She sure knows how to tell her mom off when she wants too... (were did she get that temper from) Oh yes that would be me...

4 comments:

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

love it - I am always afraid to try new things with Lucy for this reason. I got a jogging stroller & don't dare go try it out because I am afraid I will wreck or something!

Danette said...

I think that is so funny!! And totally the story of my life. Now - leave the bag in the car except the eccentials - that does not include your cell phone, diapers...they are just a few yards away :-) and pin your key to your waist band. Then enjoy getting wet with Kenzie!! You are a great mom! She is lucky to have you and Scott!!!

Blondemom said...

Great Idea- thanks- us new mom's need all the help we can get. Hope to see you this summer.
Stacey

heidi said...

that's cute, i'll bet she had so much fun though, & that's a big plus